Wednesday:
I couldn’t get up on Tuesday , so I missed it…I’m finding that I’m lacking motivation to get up early to exercise before i shower and get ready for work.
This morning however, i did get myself out of bed and was faced with the decision of sticking to the schedule for Wednesday, or doing Tuesday’s one that i missed. I decided to stick to the schedule, and did Speed 1.0
Speed, as with all of the workouts don’t ease into it at all, and you’re going flat out from the get-go. I looked at the countdown timer at 18 minutes to go and thought “Shit, there’s no way i’m going to make it to the end. But I pushed through, just like Shaun T tells you to do and I made it. Interestingly, Speed makes me sweat a lot more than cardio does.
Having done it all once, I can now make the following observations:
- It is MUCH easier when you have done it once (or more than once) Even though you don’t yet associate the moves with their names as yet…you do see them as they are described, and are able to do it.
- I am way less uncoordinated now than I was when I first did these exercises.
- I’m also able to keep up a LOT more. In fact, I’m finding that I’m mostly able to keep up with Shaun T. I'd say more that 50% of the time, I’m actually doing it properly, and when I get tired and can’t go on, I fall back to the modified version..Unlike before when I was doing the modified version and would fall back to standing still panting!
- If you are going to do it, make sure you wear good shoes! Plenty of cushioning and support, because you will jump around a LOT!
- You may not notice results straight away, but i do feel my core tightening, and once i get rid of the layer(s) of fat, I reckon I’ll start to see a 6 pack developing. It’s a nice feeling, which leads me to want to do more fat burning cardio to get rid of the fat.
Thursday.
7:50am
Mrs G wanted to go for a bike ride this morning, so, this fit in well with my plan of doing more cardio to get rid of the layers of fat. So off I went. It wasn’t strenuous or stressful (other than a sore saddle) I rode about 5 kms at a slow to moderate pace. I’m fully intending to do my T25 Cardio which is scheduled today as well, so we’ll see how that goes. I can feel that I’m tired, so I’m having a rest for 10 minutes before starting it.
9:00am
Well, it was bloody hard but I managed it. I take back what I said yesterday about Cardio not being as sweaty as Speed, because, geez, I sweated today! It was very hard, but I managed to get through it. My average heart rate was 116bpm, so pretty good. But as I write this many hours later, I’m exhausted. I’m yawning and schlepping about.. I’ll sleep well tonight, and look forward to doing two workouts tomorrow! We’ll see how that goes.
Take Care.
G
No comments:
Post a Comment