Monday, January 11, 2016

Day Zero

About Me.


My name is G-Diddy and I’m 40 years old.  I live in Australia with my wife, Mrs G.  I work in IT, so have a mostly sitting down job.  I have been fat for pretty much all of my life.  Most of my adult years have been spent around the 100kg mark, and of late it’s been closer to the 120kg mark.  Over the years I have tried many diets or “Lifestyle changes”, including Weight Watchers, Ultra Lite, among other things.  All are great in theory, but aren’t really sustainable for the long term.  And to be honest…I really like food.  I have quite a sweet tooth.  Everything from chocolate to cakes, to biscuits, to lollies, to ice creams.  Mrs G is a member of the CWA, so there is always something cooking that is just too good to refuse.

I know what my problem is.  I eat too much.  I eat a lot of the wrong foods and I don’t do enough (read, any..) exercise.  For my height I’m classified as obese.  And while I believe I’m far from obese, I do know that I’m very overweight.  
This is confirmed by my GP who has told me that my blood pressure is too high and that I will have a high risk of developing Diabetes.  He got me to consult a clinical physiologist who is essentially a personal trainer with a focus on fitness.  The doctor has also put me on BP medication, this helps as well.  The answer is that I need to lose weight. 

I’m not one for watching infomercials, but I happened to be away recently and saw it as I was channel surfing. I saw some muscly dude on the tv going on about how his exercise program could help you lose weight and tone your muscles.  I normally ignore these ads that show some fat, hairy guy in the “before” photo then a great looking, ripped guy in the after photo.  Somehow the exercise/diet/shake/juicer gives you abs, AND a tan, and shaves your ugly body hair off as well!

Focus T25 really got my attention.  I really liked the idea that it was a full workout, in such a short time and without any equipment, or having to go anywhere.  It wasn’t a blender that would make me miracle juices after I paid $300, and then I have to buy the ingredients every day. 

I read some reviews, and some personal stories, all of which I decided were positive.  I too, could have a 6-pack, something I don’t think I’ve ever had before.  It wasn’t going to be easy but even I could commit 25 minutes a day…

T25 arrived on Thursday, but everything I read, including the schedule, starts on Monday, so I waited.

My Goals.

My goals for this program are thus:

  • In the first 2-3 weeks, I want to really notice my fitness level improving and my gut shrinking.  I have a pair of jeans that is my effective “measuring tape”  When I can do the top button up, I’m doing ok, when I struggle to do the second button (As I am at the moment), I know there is an issue. I want to be able to do the top button up within 3 weeks.
  • At the end of the 10 weeks I want to be well on my way to ultimate goal weight of under 100kg. (My actual weight goal is 85-90kg, but I’m taking baby steps)
  • I want to be in the habit of eating smaller meals and less junk. (I’m not going to be delusional and say I’m never going to eat another chocolate, or ice-cream or sweet, but I will say that I’m going to make an effort to eat healthier.

The way I am going to achieve these goals:

  • Do the Focus T25 program every day. I will decide at what point I will move off the “modified” and begin the real one (I hope after a week) and then at the end of 4 weeks of unmodified, I’ll make the call whether I’m ready to step up to Beta.
  • I’m going to remain accountable by keeping this blog updated.  I’ll share photos, observations and thoughts each day. So I’m taking you, dear reader, along for my ride! Whilst making up my mind to do a blog, I came across another blog.  This blogger was also going to document her T25 experience and share it with the world.  Her first post was an amazing intro full of determination, aspirations, goals, and a clear cut plan.  Her first post was her last.  I can’t promise, but I don’t want that to be me.
  • I’ll also document my food intake and hopefully show that with some exercise it isn’t necessary to starve yourself, or deprive yourself of the yummy “naughty” foods, and still lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment