Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday - Day One



After seeing the infomercial and the type of results I can expect, I have visions of my belly transforming into a 6 pack, and feeling more energetic, and being much fitter.

I know the program is meant to be a 10 week one, to complete Alpha and Beta, but I’ve made the decision to take it a little easier to start with and have Week One as the warm up week.  Given that I’m totally unco, and very out of shape, I’ve decided to do the modified program for the entire week, and begin the real program next week.  That is after all going at my own pace, which is an important aspect for me.

7am. 
Butterflies.  I’m excited that I’m about to take the first step to being a fitter, healthier and more active me.

I got on the scale.  116.9kg.  That is my starting weight.  I’ll get on each day, and keep a running total of weight loss.

I pressed “Other Workout” on my apple watch with no goal, pressed Start, then hit play.


...

27 minutes later… 25 minute workout and 2 minute cooldown stretch.

I’m actually very surprised!  I made it through the Alpha Cardio!  I only paused the video once for about 15 seconds to get some water.  I was sweating profusely at the end, but that’s the point!

My average heart rate according to my Activity app was 111bpm.  Not bad I guess considering 126 is the lower end of my target heart rate zone.


The exercises aren’t difficult, even though I struggled with my balance and coordination a little bit, but nothing unexpected. You don’t have too much time to get used to it or perfect it, before it changes.  I guess mastering each exercise will also come with practice. Which will in turn make it easier to do, easier to do more reps, and therefore get more benefit out of it.

I spent the day reflecting on how I felt after having completed the Alpha Cardio.  My muscles in my legs were a little bit sore, as were my abs.  Not very sore, just a little.  Enough to know they had done some work when normally they don’t.  I don’t know if I should be more sore, but I’m happy that I’m not, because that might be off putting.
In the past when participating in a class, I spent a very full-on hour and felt very sore for the rest of the day.  Three such classes were enough for me to quit.

I am currently feeling the opposite of quitting.  I’m quite looking forward to tomorrow... Speed 1.0

Thanks for reading my blog post.  Please feel free to comment or ask any questions, and I promise I’ll respond.      

G

No comments:

Post a Comment